I don’t have much to say about this recipe, it mostly says for itself: eggplants and tomatoes – main ingredients – are good combination and garlic doesn’t make it any worse.
This recipe isn’t much hassle to prepare and ingredients don’t cost much; so you can easy get to advised 5 servings of vegetables per day and even enjoy it.
Eggplant rolls taste better while fresh, so prepare them right before serving.
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Dill to taste
- Ground black peppers to taste
- 2-3 tbsp of sunflower or olive oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Slice eggplant lengthways into even pieces about ¼ of inch thick:
- Rub every slice thoroughly with salt, put them all into some pan and leave for 15-20 mins. Eggplants will produce some juice, so take a pan with sides:
- Rinse each slice with cold water:
- Pat each piece with paper towel from each side:
- Warm up a skillet with 2 tbsp of sunflower or olive oil over moderate heat and fry each piece of eggplant from each side until soft and browened in color:
- Slice tomatoes in circles and peel garlic cloves:
- Now it is time to assemble rolls: repeat next instructions for all slices of eggplant. Arrange a slice of tomato in the middle of the eggplant piece add a bit of garlic pressed thought press:
- Season with ground black pepper and add a drop of mayonnaise:
- Top with chopped dill:
- Fold left and right sides to form a roll:
- Repeat for the rest of eggplant and tomatoes. Serve warm or cooled down to room temperature as appetizer: