This is this time of the year for pumpkin cookies. And what pumpkin cookie doesn’t taste even better with cream cheese frosting?
So, if here is a quick how-to for cream cheese frosting.
Disclaimer: amount of powdered sugar is some what moving target here, it all depends on how sweet you want frosting to be. I don’t like it too sweet, so my amount is about 8 tablespoons.
So my advice is: start adding sugar gradually, taste from time to time and stop when it is as sweet as you want it.
Amount of ingredients mentioned in the recipe is enough for batch of pumpkin cookies. Adjust amounts if you plan to do more or less, or use it for a pumpkin roll or cake which requires more of frosting.
- 2oz butter at room temperature
- 4-5oz of cream cheese
- Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start at 8 tablespoons and add more to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Add butter to a mixer bowl:
- Add cream cheese:
- Pour vanilla:
- Put whisk attachment on, and mix bowl contents together at medium speed:
- Gradually start mixing powdered sugar in (spoon by spoon):
- Continue until desired sweetness:
- Beat until smooth:
- And use to frost cookies, rolls or cakes (make sure they are cooled down to room temperature at least):