Fried eggs dishes are usually breakfast food, however they are also coming handy when you need to prepare and eat something fast.
Fried eggs with bacon and tomatoes is my favorite way of preparing eggs: easy, tasty and fast. The ingredients in recipe will make a portion for a breakfast for two, adjust amounts if you need more or less.
Cherry or campari tomatoes are perfect for this dish, but if you have any other kind – that will work as well. And if you don’t like bacon for some reasons – replace it with half spoon of butter, however I advice to keep it in, for the perfect taste.
- 2 stripes of bacon
- 1 middle size tomato (or 2 campari, or 4-5 cherry tomatoes)
- 4 eggs
- Fresh dill
- Ground black pepper
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Warm up skillet over the medium-low heat and put bacon sliced into 1.5″-2” long pieces and fry them from one side for about 2 mins:
- Flip each bacon piece to other side and add pieces of sliced tomato (don’t slice tomato too thin). If you use cherry tomatoes – simply cut them in halves:
- After 1 minute flip tomatoes to other side and fry them for one more minute:
- Add eggs:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Break egg yolks with spatula and garnish with chopped fresh dill:
- Keep frying until yolks are cooked through, then Fried Eggs with Bacon and Tomatoes are ready to be served: