It is BBQ season again. And these curry chicken kebabs are good fit for one of these.
Chicken meat turns out very tender and juicy, especially if you use boneless chicken thighs (but breasts will do too).
If you don’t want to bother with grill (even though it is pretty fun), you can roast skewers in the oven over the baking pan.
- 2.5lb of boneless skinless chicken meat
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 cups of kefir
- Curry to taste, 1-2 teaspoons
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 10-15 black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: I use chicken boneless skinless thighs for kebabs usually, they are less dry than breasts, but are a bit harder to put on skewer:
- Slice chicken into portion pieces suitable to put on skewers, put them into food container:
- Pour kefir into mixing bowl:
- Add juice of a whole lemon:
- And mix 1 or 2 teaspoons of curry in:
- Add bay leaves and black peppercorns:
- Mix and pour marinade over chicken:
- Mix to cover chicken evenly with marinade, cover food container with a lid, and put it to the fridge for a few hours (4-5 hours will do, but you can keep it there overnight):
- When you are ready to cook kebabs, warm the grill up. Put marinated chicken on skewers, distribute meat evenly:
- Put kebabs on and cook them until meat is cooked, rotate skewers to cook meat evenly (because temperature may differ I can’t say precise cooking time):
- Take cooked skewers from the grill:
- And serve chicken curry kebabs on skewers or without: