I love this recipe. And if you use boneless country-style pork rib meat as I do and get tender and juicy meat “pancakes”, you will love it too.
Just chop the meat along with onions, mix with eggs and some starch, set it in fridge to marinate and then fry later.
This is one of meals you can prepare everything for some time in advance, and then just fry them right before serving.
- 1.5lb of pork meat
- 1 onion
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of potato starch
- 3 tablespoons of mayo
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Peel and chop onion, move it to a mixing bowl:
- Add potato starch:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Mix everything, then add mayo:
- Crack and mix eggs in:
- Chop pork into tiny pieces using a knife:
- Add meat to the bowl with egg and onion mixture:
- Mix everything, cover bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and put bowl to fridge for few hours or overnight:
- When you are ready to fry rissoles, warm up a skillet with a bit of oil over moderate heat; using a spoon ladle pork, onion and egg mixture and form pork “pancakes” on the skillet:
- Fry rissoles until colored golden brown, then turn them to another side and cook until meat is ready:
- Repeat with remainder of meat, serve rissoles with your choice of the side dish: