Dusting chicken liver with flour and frying it with onions is perhaps easiest way to cook it.
Step of soaking live in milk can be skipped; it is optional, but it helps to reduce bitter taste liver may have.
The best side dish for this one, to my opinion, is plain boiled potato or potato puree.
- 1lb of chicken livers
- 1 big onion
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Rinse livers, cut bit ones in half, put livers in a bowl:
- Pour over with milk enough to cover all livers and set bowl aside:
- Warm a frying pan with a bit of oil, peel onion, slice it in half circles and fry until browned in color (12-15 mins over moderate low heat), stir from time to time:
- Once onions are ready remove onions from the pan, keep pan on the heat, add a bit more oil if needed. Dust each piece of chicken liver with flour from all sides:
- And move to the frying pan:
- Working one by one repeat for whole batch of livers you have:
- Once liver pieces are browned from one side, flip them to another, and fry until cooked through:
- Salt to taste:
- Move onions cooked earlier back to the pan, mix if needed:
- And serve, I prefer boiled potato or potato puree as a side dish for fried liver: