If you are looking for quick recipe with meat – try meat stew with beans.
It is pretty quick and is not too complicated to do: cooking time will depend on the meat cut you use, but in average it is between 30 and 45 mins.
I used beef (chuck roast cut) for this one, but pork will work for this recipe as well.
- 2-2.5lb of beef meat (I used chuck roast cut)
- A can of boiled red bean (plain, not in sauce)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1-1.5 cups of water or broth
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse meat and pat it dry with paper towels:
- Clean meat and slice it into pieces about 1-1.5 inches big:
- Warm up deep skillet (or thick pot) with olive oil over moderately high heat; add meat:
- Fry meat, stir from time to time, until colored from each side:
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste:
- Pour water (or broth):
- Add tomato paste:
- Clean and press garlic:
- Drain beans (I also rinse it couple of time with cold water to remove slimy juice from the can), add them to the skillet:
- Mix everything good, bring all to boil then reduce heat to slow simmer, cover with lid and cook over slow simmering for 20-30 mins (or until meat is as soft as you like it):
- Serve beef stewed with beans and sauce it was cooking in over bed of boiled rice with orzo or with your choice of the side dish: