Roast turkey can be served warm with a side dish as a main course, in salad or on sandwich if cooled down.
I used Herbs of Provence mix for this recipe, it includes thyme, marjoram and rosemary. You can use the same or just mix the same herbs to your taste.
Adjust cooking time for breast piece smaller or bigger than mentioned in the recipe.
Juices produced while cooking can be used to prepare sauce for the meat. You can either pour them over the meat or cook them together with flour to thicken them and then chop with hand blender.
- Whole turkey breast half, 1.5lb-2lbs
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Chili powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon of herbs mix: thyme, marjoram, rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of salt or more to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Peel and chop onions, move them to a bowl:
- Peel and press garlic to the same bowl:
- Add salt, herbs and spices:
- Arrange turkey breast in an oven bag of appropriate size and rub it with onion, herb and spices mix from the top: Then turn breast and pour remaining mix on top:
- Pour a cup of water in:
- Tie oven bag, cut a hole on top of it and put to oven warmed up to 350F for 50 mins:
- Remove cooked turkey breast from the oven, open the bag and move meat to a plate, and slice in portion pieces:
- Serve warm with a side dish or cold in salad or sandwich, you can use juices left in the oven bag to prepare sauce for the meat: