I think this is last recipe using turkey meat for me for a while. I got a little carried away with it around Thanksgiving.
It is quite easy, but takes about 4.5 hours of time: first to soak turkey breast in salted water, and then to cook it in cooling down oven. So make sure you leave yourself enough of time.
This turkey breast roast tastes perfect served warm with a side dish or cooled down in salad or on sandwich.
- 1.5lb-2lb whole turkey breast half
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Fill a pot with about enough water to cover the turkey breast complete, salt water to taste; then put breast in leave for 2 hours in cooler place:
- Mix ground black pepper with paprika in a bowl:
- Add olive oil:
- And mix:
- Peel garlic cloves and slice them lengthwise into wedges:
- Pat turkey breast with paper towel; arrange it in the baking pan and stuff it with garlic wedges from top and bottom(pierce holes with a small thin knife and stick garlic wedges in):
- Smear turkey breast with black pepper and paprika mix evenly from all sides:
- Warm oven up to 485F. Put baking pan into the oven for 15 mins, then turn oven off and leave roast in for 2 hours, don’t open the door until time is up. Then remove pan from the oven, slice meat up:
- And serve, for lunch or dinner, with a side dish or on sandwich: