Here comes the first recipe of this blog: step-by-step photo recipe of amazing and nutritious salad with carrots and mushroom sauce.
This salad is a perfect dish itself, there is not meat used to prepare it, just a lot of mushrooms and vegetables, however it can be served as a side dish for any meat, poultry or fish main dish if you like.
Carrots and Stewed Mushrooms Salad tastes good as warm as well as cooled, leftover can be easily stored in fridge. Hope you will like it!
- 3 shallots or 1 middle onion
- 5-6 carrots (middle size)
- 7-8 field mushrooms
- 1 can of sweet peas (15 oz)
- 2-3 spoons of sour cream
- 1 spoon of olive or sunflower oil
- Salt by taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: boil carrots (with skins), get them out of water and let to cool down and skin; rinse and skin field mushrooms; drain liquid from peas:
- Peel and dice shallots (or onions):
- Warm up a frying pan with oil. Put shallots (or onions) to the frying pan and cook them over moderate heat until soft 10-15 mins (reduce heat if you see them getting dry):
- Peel and wash mushrooms, dice them on middle size pieces and add them to the frying pan:
- Let onions and mushrooms to stew in the juice mushrooms produce until mushrooms are ready, approximately 10-15mins, then season with salt and add 2-3 table spoons of sour cream:
- Stir everything and let it cook for 2-3 minutes:
- While mushrooms are stewing, peel prepared boiled carrots, dice them with the same size as mushrooms before and put them to the salad bowl:
- Turn the heat off, move frying pan to the cold burner and let mushrooms and shallots to cool down for 5-10 minutes then pour mushroom sauce to the salad bowl where carrots are and mix:
- Add peas and mix everything together:
- Carrots & Stewed Mushrooms salad is ready! Tastes good warm as well as cooled down: