This good, nutritious and light salad with tuna and lettuce is an easy way to watch your weight without feeling hungry all the time.
Tuna is great source of protein and can also provide with omega-3 fatty acids if canned properly, so check the label on the can before choosing it for the salad.
Green tuna salad is pretty easy and fast to do, great choice for lunch or light dinner.
- 1 can (6 oz) tuna chunk in water or oil (whatever you prefer more)
- 3-4 big leaves of lettuce
- 7-9 cherry tomatoes or 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) fresh cut kernel corn
- 1 can (6 oz) of black pitted olives, can be sliced if you are lazy 🙂
- Olive oil by taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Wash lettuce, if you use leaf or crisp lettuce make sure you washed it good enough and pat it with the paper towel to remove water:
- Drain tuna and tear it in the can with a fork on smaller pieces, put tuna to the salad bowl:
- Wash tomatoes. If you use cherry tomatoes – cut them in quarters, if you use roma tomatoes like me cut them like it is shown on the picture below:
- Add cut tomatoes to the tuna in the bowl, add salt and mix everything:
- Slice lettuce into stripes. If your lettuce has hard parts (e.g near root) cut them off and don’t add them to the salad:
- Add lettuce and drained corn to the salad bowl:
- Drain black olives and cut it into the circles (if you use sliced olives, skip that step):
- Add olives to the salad bowl, season everything with olive oil and mix carefully. Your Green Tuna Salad is ready to be served!
Tips & Advises
- Green Tuna Salad, like all green salads with olive oil, is better to be served fresh, it will loose taste and pretty look if you put it to the fridge