Looking for some other cool recipes for St Patricks Day Party? I’ve got some, try here: green food recipes.
Good, nutritious and light salad with tuna and lettuce. An easy way to watch your weight without feeling hungry all the time.
- 1 can (6 oz) tuna chunk in water or oil (whatever you prefer more)
- 3-4 big leaves of lettuce
- 7-9 cherry tomatoes or 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) fresh cut kernel corn
- 1 can (6 oz) of black pitted olives, can be sliced if you are lazy 🙂
- Olive oil by taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Wash lettuce, if you use leaf or crisp lettuce make sure you washed it good enough and pat it with the paper towel to remove water:
- Drain tuna and tear it in the can with a fork on smaller pieces, put tuna to the salad bowl:
- Wash tomatoes. If you use cherry tomatoes – cut them in quarters, if you use roma tomatoes like me cut them like it is shown on the picture below:
- Add cut tomatoes to the tuna in the bowl, add salt and mix everything:
- Slice lettuce into stripes. If your lettuce has hard parts (e.g near root) cut them off and don’t add them to the salad:
- Add lettuce and drained corn to the salad bowl:
- Drain black olives and cut it into the circles (if you use sliced olives, skip that step):
- Add olives to the salad bowl, season everything with olive oil and mix carefully. Your Green Tuna Salad is ready to be served!
Tips & Advises
- Green Tuna Salad, like all green salads with olive oil, is better to be served fresh, it will loose taste and pretty look if you put it to the fridge