This salad has interesting combination of ingredients: sweet peas with pineapples and ham (or canadian bacon) mixed with lettuce.
Freshly boiled peas can be substituted for canned peas on this one, but canned ones are some what easier to find.
Assemble salad right before you plan to serve it, lettuce will not keep freshness and crispness for long after slicing.
- 8oz of ham or canadian bacon
- 8oz canned sweet peas
- 8oz canned pineapple slices in juice
- Small head of lettuce or 10 leaves of bigger one
- Salt to taste
- Mayo to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: wash and pat try lettuce leaves:
- Dice ham/canadian bacon into pea size pieces, move to the mixing bowl:
- Remove pineapple slices from the can, let the juice drain, then dice pineapples into the same size pieces, more to the same bowl:
- Drain liquid from peas can, then move them to the same bowl:
- Slice lettuce leaves (remove hard parts):
- Add lettuce to the bowl and mix:
- Season with salt and mayo:
- And serve in a bowl laid with extra lettuce leaves: