Radish and Fresh Cheese Salad is a tasty way to feed yourself and your family a bit of calcium
I did have some troubles finding a suitable fresh cheese for this recipe, it should be fresh white quark (russian: tvorog), neither cottage cheese nor cream cheese will work here.
So if you have the same problem finding quark style fresh cheese like I had, try local Russian / Ukrainian / Polish store, most probably they have it. Of course, you can also make homemade soft cheese yourself.
- 1 bunch of radish
- 5 eggs
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 16 oz of fresh soft cheese (quark)
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- Salt by taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare hard boiled eggs, remove radish greens, wash radish, dill and onions in cold water:
- Put fresh cheese into salad bowl, mash it with a fork and add paprika add salt and mix:
- Cut hard boiled eggs like it is shown on the picture below and add to the salad bowl:
- Slice radish into small pieces:
- Add radish, chopped fresh dill and green onions to the salad bowl:
- Add salt and mayonnaise, mix everything. Radish and Soft Cheese Salad is ready!