There are so many ways to enjoy basil pesto sauce. It is perfect for dipping bread, works great as salad dressing, pasta or pizza sauce, or pesto butter. Toss some cooked chicken with it to give a salad or a wrap some extra kick. Sky is a limit.
Already pre-made pesto sauces from the store are an option too, however nothing beats freshly homemade one.
And it is pretty easy to do too: just plug all ingredients into a blender, chop until smooth and then mix cheese in.
Pecorino cheese may be hard to find, using shredded parmesan should work as well.
- 2oz of fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2/3 cups of olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Remove stem hard parts from basil, put basil to a blender or food processor cup:
- Pour pine nuts in:
- Peel garlic, slice it in quarters and add the cup:
- Pour olive oil in:
- Cover cup with a lid and pulse until smooth and well incorporated:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Mix grated pecorino cheese:
- And pesto sauce is ready: