Creamy Spinach with Eggs is my goto side dish recipe for baked or grilled salmon.
If you are looking for more ways to add some leafy greens into your diet – this may be a recipe to try.
Fresh spinach with eggs and sour cream cooks in minutes, is packed with nutrients and also tastes great.
By the way spinach volume will reduce significantly while cooking, so don’t get surprised and start with a big bunch or two.
- Big bunch of spinach
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Thyme to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Slice bottom tips of spinach off, remove any damaged leaves, rinse spinach of dirt (if any) thoroughly with cold water, use colander. Then while working in batches pour boiling water over spinach, make sure all spinach scalded (you can also deep spinach into hot water, just don’t leave it there for long time to not overcook):
- Let spinach cool down enough so you can handle it with hands, then squeeze excess liquid out with you hands:
- Slice spinach into smaller pieces:
- Crack an egg into a bowl and beat it up a bit with a fork:
- Warm a skillet up with about tablespoon of butter (or more to taste):
- Chop garlic finely, add it to the skillet and fry until fragrant:
- Add spinach to the skillet (remove any liquid before that, if any):
- Fry spinach over moderate heat for about 7 minutes, stir it time from time; then salt to taste:
- And season with thyme:
- Pour over beaten egg, stir it in:
- Add sour cream, mix:
- Cook all together for about 3 minutes (stir from time to time), then serve as a side:
- Or a dish on its own: Enjoy!