Another take on mashed cauliflower side: smooth pureed cauliflower with parmesan cheese and a hint of spicy garlic.
Great choice when you want to cut on potato intake but still want something of mashed texture on your table.
From my experience, cauliflower purees taste better fresh, so cook just enough for one time don’t keep leftovers.
Garlic taste can be a bit overpowering sometimes, so I suggest going with half garlic clove at first, and see if more is needed to taste.
- 1 large head cauliflower (2lb-2.5lb), separated into florets
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 -1/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: separate cauliflower into florets, rinse, slice big ones up if needed:
- Fill big pot with water, put cauliflower florets in, and bring to boil; salt pot to taste; reduce heat to light simmer and cook cauliflower until soft (10-15-20 mins):
- When cauliflower is fully cooked, drain all water out (you can use either colander or a lid like I did):
- Peel garlic and press it in:
- Add all butter:
- Using immersion blender, puree cauliflower with garlic and butter together until smooth:
- Then add in the parmesan cheese:
- And continue pureeing until desired texture is reached:
- Serve right away: