I think any kind of potatoes can be cooked this way, however red skin ones are the best here. You can take big potatoes and slice them in smaller wedges or smaller ones and cook them whole or sliced in halves.
Vary amount of herbs as well as herbs themselves to your taste, in additional to rosemary, thyme, oregano you can use parsley, dill, black pepper, etc; I would just advise to keep rosemary in – it goes great with potatoes.
Over-roasted herbed redskin potatoes can be a no-meat dish on itself or you can accompany a meat entry with it as a side dish.
- 2lbs of red skin potatoes, about 12-14 potatoes
- Olive or sunflower oil, about 1/3 cup
- Dry rosemary to taste
- Dry thyme to taste
- Dry oregano flakes to taste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Clean, scrub and wash potatoes, make sure to get all roots; slice potatoes in wedges of equal size, arrange them in a baking pan big enough to fit all of them:
- Peel and chop, spread evenly over potatoes (if garlic burns while cooking, you can also press it and mix with oil and herbs to prevent it):
- Season with salt, I used about 1 tablespoon:
- Herb to taste, I use rosemary more then others, but that is up to you:
- Generously pour oil over, depending on the size of the pan you may need to use more or less; mix everything to make sure potatoes are oiled and herbed evenly:
- Warm oven up to 400F. Put baking pan in and roast potatoes until soft inside and colored outside, depending on the size of wedges it may take from 45 to 60 mins; stir every 10 mins to make sure potatoes don’t get burnt:
- Serve warm with your choice of a main dish: