One more recipe to the lineup of appetizers using cream cheese for me. This time it is for hot spinach cream cheese dip with parmesan and garlic.
Good choice if you are looking to increase the amount of leafy greens in your diet.
It is pretty easy to do and you can get a bowl full of goodness ready for your party or gathering literally in minutes.
Serve hot with tortilla chips or veggies.
- 12oz of spinach sliced
- 1 pack of cream cheese (8oz)
- 1/3 cup of grated parmesan
- Small garlic clove
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse and slice spinach, clean garlic:
- Warm up deep skillet with a bit of oil, add spinach in (work in portions if skillet is not large enough, spinach will reduce in volume significantly while cooking), stir from time to time:
- After spinach wilts, add pressed garlic and cook until fragrant:
- Add cream cheese, wait for it to soften and mix:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Add shredded parmesan:
- Mix everything and cook for 10 mins over very slow simmer:
- Transfer to a dipping bowl, cool down a bit and serve with tortilla chips or veggies: