I never was a fan of arugula rather bitter taste, but lately I have weird cravings for it, so I had to get inventive.
As it appears peach does a great job helping balancing arugula in this salad. So if you are like me: trying to get arugula in your diet while not actually liking the taste, this salad is for you.
Parmesan and pine nuts are great addition too.
- 4 cups of baby arugula
- 1 big ripe peach
- 2 baby cucumbers
- 1.5 tbsp of raw pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of shaved parmesan
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 0.75 tbsp of olive oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Put baby arugula to a mixing bowl, rinse and dry with salad spinner if needed:
- Add sliced cucumbers, if they are rather bigger slice each in half lengthwise first:
- Slice peach in half, remove pit and slice each peach half in smaller wedgies:
- In a separate mixing bowl mix olive oil, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, then pour dressing over the salad and toss few times to distribute:
- Add shaved parmesan:
- And pine nuts:
- Toss few more times and serve: