How to Prepare Homemade Bacon CrumblesJuly 13th, 2013 in Tips, Advices & How-to by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
I have several recipes using bacon crumbles, so I decided to post step-by-step instructions on how to prepare these at home.
Process is not complicated, and will not take more than 15-20 mins along with cooling down.
- Paper towels
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Take sliced bacon of your liking:
- Warm up oven or turn on broil mode (if you have it). Arrange slices of bacon in a skillet in one layer (you may need to work in batches if you want to crumble whole pack):
- Put skillet into oven and cook bacon until desired dryness, then remove skillet from the oven:
- Transfer cooked bacon to a plate covered with paper towel, pat top layer with paper towel as well and leave to cool down. If you work in batches, drain skillet with paper towel before proceeding with next portion:
- Slice each bacon strip lengthwise and then chop into pieces of your liking:
- Then use:
Tip and Advises
- Fat produced from bacon while cooking can be used in other recipes for frying, just pour it to the skillet instead of oil or butter. Potatoes fried in bacon fat taste extremely good (but are a bit less healthy, of course).
View all comments