This is an easy salad with boiled beans, fresh bell pepper and cucumber which can be assembled in under a 15 mins if you are fast with chopping and dicing.
Any kind of beans will work for this recipe, you can also boil beans yourself instead of using canned ones, just let them cool down till room temperature before adding them to the salad.
Fresh green parsley can be substituted for cilantro if you don’t like cilantro or can find it for some reason. But I like taste of bean salad with cilantro the most.
- 16oz can of plain red kidney beans
- ½ of english cucumber, or couple of baby cucumbers
- 1 medium size bell pepper
- Bunch of cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove
- Mayo to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse vegetables:
- Pour beans from the can to a colander put over a pot or a sink, rinse beans with water to remove any residue produced by boiling and canning, and let all liquid to drain:
- Slice bell pepper in half, remove all seeds and stem, then dice and move to a mixing bowl:
- Peel cucumber and dice it too:
- Add drained beans:
- Add chopped cilantro:
- Peel and press garlic clove into the bowl:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Dress with mayo:
- And mix everything:
- Serve salad as an appetizer, a side dish or a course on itself: