Quick Crescent Rolls with Meat and CheeseJuly 20th, 2013 in Appetizers & Snacks by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 25min
I was short on time this couple of weeks having visitors at home and at work. So I didn’t have much time to prepare a recipe in time for today.
It is a bit unusual of me to use “ready-to-use” ingredients in my food, but they save time if you need it to attend to other things.
Crescent dough sold in store makes decent rolls, which are good when you need to cook something to bite fast. So here is one of recipes for these.
I used ham as meat for this recipe, because that is what I had in my fridge. But you can be creative and use cooked bacon, or canadian bacon, or hot dogs, or another sausage, or a combination of these to your taste.
- 1 sheet of crescent dough
- 2 parts of cooked meat of your choice
- 1 part of shredded cheese or cheese mix
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: I used ham as meat for this recipe, but you can be creative and use cooked bacon or canadian bacon or hot dogs or another sausage, or a combination of these:
- Warm up oven to 375F. Unroll crescent dough sheet flat:
- Dice meat into small cubes, arrange a layer meat over the dough, leave about inch of space on top and bottom of long sides free of meat, press meat lightly into dough with your hands:
- Arrange an even layer of cheese on top:
- Fold the top side start rolling it in carefully:
- Until you reach an opposite side of the dough sheet:
- Using knife, slice dough roll into 1.5 inch thick pieces:
- Lay baking sheet with a parchment paper, and arrange roll pieces sliced side up on the baking sheet:
- Put baking sheet into the warmed up oven for 13-15 mins (or until dough is fully cooked when you probe it with a wooden tooth stick):
- Move cooked rolls to a plate and serve warm:
Julechka a mojno crescent rolls zamenit’ sloyonum testim?
Mozhno, esli ne sladkoe 🙂