This is very easy way to cook salmon, you just need to put marinade together, pour it over salmon and then cook salmon together with marinade.
I used portion salmon fillets for this recipe (6oz each), but salmon steaks or a whole salmon fish will work here as well. For cooking whole fish increase marinating time for couple of hours or even do it overnight, and bake it instead of frying.
Fresh vegetables or boiled potato are good side dishes for salmon cooked this way.
- 1.5lb of salmon, about 4 portions
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of coarse ground dijon mustard
- A bit of oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Start off by preparing the marinade. Squeeze juice of a lemon into a bowl, you will only use about 4 tablespoons of it, so remove rest:
- Add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce:
- And 4 tablespoons of coarse ground dijon mustard:
- Mix everything:
- Rinse salmon, remove scale if it has any and arrange portion pieces of salmon in a dish:
- Pour over with marinade:
- Move fish a bit to let marinade to cover pieces from all sides, cover dish with a lid and put to fridge for 1-1.5h. If you marinate whole fish you may need to let it sit in fridge longer, overnight is good:
- Warm skillet with a bit of oil up, move salmon pieces to it, use tongs for convenience:
- Fry salmon until colored, about 2 mins:
- Then use tongs and flip each piece over, cook for 2 minutes more:
- Then pour marinade from the dish in, and let sammon simmer until desired readiness (8-15 mins more):
- Then serve poured with the sauce with fresh vegetables, salad or boiled potato: