Tipsy wine-based banana jelly isn’t the kind which comes to the mind first when talking about jelly desserts. It has unusual taste and as you can guess includes some alcohol, which makes it not suitable for children.
Any white wine will work for this recipe. Taste of the dessert will vary based on the taste of the used wine, adjust amount of sugar to your liking to get the best results.
Using silicone molds will give you more festive shaped jelly portions, however be aware that getting jelly out of the molds in one piece isn’t that easy (especially if the molds you use are such small ones like mine).
- 2 cups of white wine
- 2 tbsp of unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice (optional)
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Mix sugar and gelatin in a sauce pan:
- Mix in about half cup of wine and set aside for a few minutes:
- Then mix in remaining of the wine:
- Put on slow burner, bring to simmering and stir, let it simmer for 1-2mins until both sugar and gelatin totally dissolves, then set aside to cool down:
- Meanwhile, peel and slice bananas, arrange banana slices in the serving bowls:or silicon molds of appropriate size:
- Add lemon juice to the pot:
- And pour jelly mix into the bowls:or/and molds: Then put bowls/molds to the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Then wine jelly with bananas is ready to be served: Deep each of silicon molds into hot water for couple of seconds then flip it over to a plate to get jelly out: