Tuna salad sandwich is a great choice of food for a lunch or to take with you when you are on the go.
This tuna salad with eggs, bell pepper and a bit of onions is easy to do, and can be stored in a fridge for couple of days if needed.
I use tuna chunks in water, but tuna in oil will work as well, if you like it more – use it.
Listed amount ingredients is enough for 11-12 sandwiches.
24oz (two 12oz cans) of tuna chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 small bell pepper or half of bigger one
- 1/2 of medium size onion
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
For each sandwich
2 toast bread pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons of tuna salad
- 1-2 tomato circles
- A leaf of lettuce
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Boil eggs on hard, cool them down and peel:
- Drain liquid from tuna and flake it with a fork in a salad bowl:
- Chop boiled eggs and add them to the salad bowl:
- Clean bell pepper from seeds and chop it finely, add to the bowl:
- Peel and chop onion:
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and mix:
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of mayo and mix:
- To assemble a sandwich, toast two slices of bread, arrange 2-3-4 tablespoons (to your taste) of prepared tuna salad in even level:
- Put thin slices tomato circles on top:
- A lettuce leaf:
- And cover with another bread toast:
- And serve: