Eggs Fried with Tomato in Bell Pepper RingApril 2nd, 2011 in Eggs, Main Dishes by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
Looking for bright colors for fresh and energetic start of the day? This is your recipe: easy nutritious breakfast eggs and very fun looking also, when prepared accurately. I bet your kids will love them as much as I do.
I usually pick green peppers, they look good in combination with yellow-white eggs and red tomatoes. But any color will work here, just make sure you select big and nice shaped pepper.
Don’t worry if egg white spills around the bell pepper ring, you can easily remove it later on with spatula.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 bell pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Leaf of fresh dill for decoration
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: pick big and wide bell pepper, smaller tomato and eggs:
- Rinse bell pepper, remove stem and seeds and cut 2 big rings about 1/3” thick. Warm up skillet over moderate low heat and grease it with butter, add them to the skillet and fry on one side for about 3 mins:
- Slice 2 thin circles of tomato and position them in the middle of the bell pepper rings and season with salt and fry for 1-2 mins more (btw, you will not need the remaining part of the bell pepper as well as tomato, you can use them for decoration however):
- Carefully crack an egg into one of the bell pepper rings right over the tomato, don’t worry if a bit of egg white gets out, you can simply remove it later on (but if too much spills that is a sign to get bigger bell pepper, or slice rings thicker, or use smaller eggs):
- And then repeat with another one:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper:
- Cook eggs until cooked though the way you like (use lid if you want them medium or well done):
- Turn heat off, carefully remove egg white around bell pepper rings with spatula, decorate with fresh dill and serve with toasts:
Sunny I made this but used orange bell pepper (less the tomato), seasoned with Penzey’s Sunny Paris and topped off with sharp cheddar cheese for my wife and me. My daughter wanted Colby Jack cheese. It was a hit for our Sunday breakfast.
Ill try this tomorrow for breakfast..
Crowd pleaser with a dash of Tabasco.
If you like to drink eggs not eat them this is the perfect recipe. The tomato and the butom of the pepper burns the hell out and the egg remains raw… beside this I redecorate the kitchen….
I’m not sure but I think the egg is prepared separately and then inserted into the bell pepper…
How do I pin this?
Unfortunately, you will have to use the pinterest website itself to pin it. I can’t figure out why their JS snippet doesn’t work.
UPD: I think I figured out what was wrong, and tried to correct it, can you verify on your side if it is working for you?