Even though the title says this it recipe for Banana Milkshake, this is very simple recipe can be used to prepare pretty much any kind of fruit milkshake – just replace bananas with strawberry or raspberries and vanilla ice-cream with any kind of ice cream you like and enjoy your very own taste of a milkshake.
I should also mention what milk and ice-cream (main ingredients of a milkshake) are good sources of calcium, which is an important component of a healthy diet. It is especially for children. Which makes milkshakes good drinks for kids: not only is it tasty so they love it, but also is nutritious.
So, whatever your goal is – to make sure your kid gets the needed amount of calcium or to remind yourself about the times when you were a kid – make a milkshake (it is easy)!
Ingredients (for about 3 glasses):
- 2 bananas (pick not very sweet ones if you don’t like shake to be too sweet)
- 1 cup of cold milk
- 6-8 tbsp of vanilla ice-cream (replace with simple white ice-cream if you don’t like vanilla)
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients, you will also need blender:
- Skin and slice bananas into blender cup:
- Add ice-cream and all milk:
- Cover blender cup with a lid and turn it on high speed (I do use “milkshake” speed on mine blender) for 3-4 mins:
- Pour it into glasses, then enjoy your Banana Milkshake: