Discovered this simple way to dress boiled shrimps while trying to recreate a similar one from Costco: marinate boiled shrimps in lime juice, spices and cilantro.
Of course the taste is not exactly the same as of Costco ones, but the list of ingredients is also much shorter.
These shrimps can be served on their own as appetizer or added to salads or tacos.
Using already cooked, peeled and deveined shrimps like I did will save a lot of time, if you want to cook and/or clean shrimps yourself, factor the time in for it.
- 1lb of cooked shrimps
- 1 small shallot onion
- 1 small garlic
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice only, about 1/8 of cup (or more, or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Clean shrimps if needed, if you plan to use them in salad later on as I did, remove tails as well, arrange shrimps in a container which can be closed with a lid:
- Season with salt, ground black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste:
- Peel and chop shallot, add them to the container:
- Add pressed garlic:
- Add chopped cilantro:
- Squeeze juice from the lime, you will need about ⅛ of a cup, but can use more if you wish to taste:
- Pour olive oil:
- Toss everything together, close with a lid and put to fridge for at least 2 hours, or better overnight:
- Then serve: