As zucchini season is in full swing I want to share a recipe for this amazing appetizer: zucchini rolls with cream cheese, garlic and fresh herbs stuffing.
I must say it is one of my favorite finger foods. I think I can eat the whole plate of these by myself.
Use mandoline to slice zucchini here, it will make life much easier and will speed process up a lot.
If you want to reduce oil intake – roasting zucchini in the oven in grilling skillet can be an option to.
- 2 medium size zucchini, about 1.5lb in total
- 1 pack of cream cheese (8oz)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Mandoline slicer
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Cut off stems from zucchini and slice them lengthwise into stripes. I used setting a bit thicker than thinnest on my mandoline:
- Salt each slice of zucchini generously from each side and arrange them all on a plate. Set aside for 15-20 mins. They will produce juice, so use big enough plate to make sure it will not overflow:
- In a mixing bowl mash cream cheese with a fork a bit to soften it up:
- Add chopped dill and parsley:
- Press garlic:
- Season with salt and pepper to taste:
- And mix:
- Rinse zucchini stripes of salt in cold water, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Warm up skillet with olive oil. Fry each slice from both sides until colored:
- Move cooked zucchini to a paper towel to remove excess of oil:
When zucchini slices are cooled down to room temperature, it is time to assemble rolls:
- Repeat with all zucchini slices:
- And serve as appetizer: