Quick recipe for an appetizer you can put together on a minutes notice (if you have ingredients of course): salmon and cream spread.
Once ready, you can set it up on cucumber slices, or crackers you like. Or in less fancy fashion (and also quicker) spread it on a bread toast.
I used hand blender to here, because I wasn’t sure how my cup blender will react to not-so-liquid mixture. Either one you plan to use, just make sure cream cheese and salmon are well blended into homogeneous mixture.
- Smoked salted salmon 5-6oz
- 1 pack of cream cheese (8oz)
- English cucumber or crackers or bread (your choice)
- Dill for decoration (optional)
- Sliced black olives for decoration (optional)
Hand or stand blender
- Pastry bag with star attachment (optional)
- Mandoline (if using cucumbers)
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Move cream cheese into deep mixing dish (I took hand blender cup and it was a little bit hard to move, an all thought it did work for next time I would definitely prefer to use bigger bowl, stand blender blender is an option as well):
- Slice salmon into smaller pieces, even if it is already pre sliced, it will make blending to do faster:
- Blend salmon and cream cheese together:
- Next steps depends on what you want to set the spread on. If using cucumbers or crackers, then set star attachment in a pastry bag and transfer mixture into the bag:
- Arrange cucumber slices (or crackers) on a plate:
- And squeeze spread on each of them to form a flower:
- Decorate each with slice of olive and piece of dill:
- And serve: