Easy quick recipe for a childhood favorite: oatmeal cookies.
Back in the days we cooked them by grinding rolled oats into the flour, but nowadays one can simply buy oat flour instead.
Either way will work, you may need to play with amount of ingredients a bit.
Consistency of the flour and ground oats may vary a bit, and so can vary sour cream, so adjust amount of flour needed based on dough consistency.
- 7oz of rolled oats or oatmeal flour
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 3.5 oz butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder
- Vanilla sugar or extract to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: if using rolled oats, you will need to grind them first into a flour:
- Pour vanilla sugar into oat flour (if using vanilla extract, skip this step):
- Mix oat flour with regular flour:
- Mix sugar and butter (if using vanilla extract, add it too):
- Add eggs:
- Sour cream:
- And baking powder:
- Mix everything:
Gradually mix flour mixture in:
- Warm up over to 365-370F. Lay a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or smear with oil); using a spoon and hands form round cookies and arrange them on the sheet:
- Bake cookies for 35-40 mins or until cooked all the way through. Move ready cookies to a cooking rack:
- Serve cooled down to room temperature: