Pecan Stuffed Prunes with Whipped CreamFebruary 28th, 2015 in Desserts by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 25min
For some weird reason this dessert is called “Snow White and Seven Dwarfs” in Ukraine. But it doesn’t make its taste any less than awesome: sourish prunes, stuffed with nuts on a bed of fluffy whipped cream.
Prunes can be stuffed in advance, in fact nuts will taste even better after few hours in prunes. And then whip cream and assemble dessert right before serving it.
By the way, you can use other nuts instead of pecans, for example walnuts or almonds, whatever you like more.
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream at fridge temperature
- 6-8 tsp of powdered sugar (or more to taste)
- 25-30 pitted prunes
- 25-30 pecan halves
- A bit of grated chocolate to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Arrange prunes in a bowl, pour boiling water over them and set them aside for about 8 mins:
- Then drain water and pat prunes dry with paper towel:
Now it is time to stuff prunes with nuts:
Whip the cream with powdered sugar, I used my iSi cream whipper here, but conventional mixer will work as good:
- Arrange layer of the whipped cream in a serving dishes:
- Set few stuffed prunes in each dish:
- And cover with more whipped cream:
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate to taste and serve:
View all comments