Perfect recipe for pretty much any white fish: easy to cook and turns out tasty and juicy.
I used cod here. Marinating cod in lemon juice helps to bring out nice texture and make sure it is soft.
Sometimes cod can torn out chewy after cooking, but it is not a case with this recipe.
Pair baked cod with boiled or roasted potatoes and a glass of nice wine for a romantic dinner.
- 2-2.5lb fresh cod fillet
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Can of diced tomatoes (14-16oz)
- 2oz of white chardonnay wine
- Small bunch of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- A bit of cinnamon
- Olive oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse and pat dry fish; clean onions and garlic:
- Lay baking pan with food foil, drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Season fish fillet(s) with salt and ground black pepper to taste, arrange them in a baking pan (you can slice thicker pieces across with a knife for they cook evenly), and sprinkle with juice squeezed from one lemon. Put pan to the fridge for 45 min to a hour:
- While fish is marinating, warm up a skillet with a bit of olive oil. Chop onion and fry in the pan until translucent, stir from time to time:
- Add chopped garlic, fry, continue stirring for 1 min:
- Add canned diced tomatoes:
- Pour wine in:
- Add paprika:
- And cinnamon:
- Add 2/3 of chopped parsley, season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, cook on slow simmer for about 15 mins:
- Warm oven up to 355F. Pour sauce over fish:
- Put pan into the oven, cook for about 30 mins:
- Take pan out, season with remaining chopped parsley:
- And serve: