Getting inventive with chicken patties: using cabbage instead of bread or breadcrumbs as filler.
I must say these are a hit: juicy and very tasty.
And so quick and easy to do, especially if you use ready to go minced chicken meat and food processor for cabbage and onion.
These patties taste great with potatoes or grains (I served these with boiled buckwheat), salads as well are great choice here.
- 2 lb of minced chicken
- 2/3 lb of cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- About 1 cup of original breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: if using chicken meat, mince it in meat grinder or food processor:
- Slice cabbage in pieces and chop it in food processor, squeeze and discard juices, move cabbage to a mixing bowl:
- Add minced chicken:
- Peel onion, chop it in food processor as well (or use grinder):
- Press garlic cloves:
- Season with salt, ground black pepper and paprika to taste:
- Crack an egg in and mix everything:
- Warm up a skillet with oil. Pour breadcrumbs to a bowl. Working in batches, scoop minced meat mix with a spoon, form a patty:
- Dip it in breadcrumbs from each side:
- And move to a warmed up skillet and fry from each side until colored and cooked through:
- Move cooked patties away to a plate, repeat with all mince mix:
- Serve with a side or/and salad: