Good recipe for no-meat linguine or fettuccine pasta.
Pretty quick to make, nothing sophisticated, plain and simple steps to follow, as quick as cooking pasta itself.
Secret chief’s secret: don’t overcook asparagus and don’t burn garlic, that is about it.
Great recipe when you are short on time and need to eat.
- Linguine or fettuccine pasta for 2 portions
- 8oz of asparagus
- 1/3 cup of parmesan
- 1/2 of onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Bring a pot with water to boil, salt to taste, add pasta in and cook according to package instructions until al-dente:
- Meanwhile, warm up skillet with olive oil, peel and chop onions and fry them until soft and slightly colored (stir from time to time):
- Peel and chop garlic cloves, add them to the skillet and fry until fragrant, stir from time to time, then remove from the burner:
- Reserve about cup of water from the cooking pot:
- 2 mins before pasta is ready, trim ends from asparagus, slice it in to inch-long pieces and add to the cooking pot:
- Grate zest from the lemon:
- Drain water from pasta, add zest of the lemon:
- Add fried onions and garlic, add salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Toss to mix:
- Add parmesan:
- Add a bit of water reserved earlier to taste (between 1/4 and 1/2 cup):
- Toss a bit more:
- And serve: