Simple recipe to fry shrimps. I cooked shrimps in shell, but cleaned ones will work for this recipe as well.
Make sure you don’t overcook shrimps (turn them over as soon as meat becomes white), or meat will turn hard and shrimps will be hard to clean.
You can also use garlic oil instead of cooking garlic with oil, if you have it on hand.
- 1lb of large to jumbo size shrimps, shell in or out
- Juice of half of big lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Ground black pepper to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- If shrimps you use are frozen, let them thaw first, then pat them dry with pepper towels:
- Peel garlic cloves, and flatten them with the flat side of the knife:
- Pour olive oil to a big flat skillet, warm it up, add garlic cloves in and fry them in oil to infuse oil with garlic taste (until garlic is colored):
- Once ready, remove garlic from the skillet and put shrimps (if skillet isn’t big enough to fit all shrimps in one layer, you may want to fry them in batches), fry shrimps on one side over high heat for about 2 minutes (until colored):
- Then turn them over to another side and fry again until meat is white colored (don’t overcook):
- Move cooked shrimps to a bowl:
- Season with ground black pepper:
- Sprinkle with juice of half of lemon:
- Add chopped fresh dill:
- And serve: