This salad filled with vitamins. But it is highly seasonal, unless you have fresh ramps at your disposal anytime of a year.
I saw them by in Whole Foods other day, and couldn’t pass by, had to take an opportunity to make this salad.
Ramps have intense garlicky taste, if you want to make it less so, add a bit more sour cream to the dressing.
- About 1/3lb of fresh green ramps
- 1 english cucumber (or 3 baby ones)
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Mayo to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: boil eggs on hard, then cool them down:
- Wash cucumber, peel it if needed (if skin is dark green and bitter), then slice and move them to the mixing bowl:
- Peel hard boiled eggs, slice each in half lengthwise, then slice each piece in half circles (I used egg slicer), add to the bowl:
- Clean ramps of roots and all damaged leaves, rinse ramps then slice them, including bulbs and greens:
- Add them to the bowl, season with salt to taste:
- Add sour cream and mayo:
- And serve: