Pretty simple yet pretty festive and colorful raw cabbage salad with red beets, greens and a bit of onion dressed with mayo (all though you can go for a sunflower or olive oil for healthier option).
Raw cabbage is packed with vitamins, especially vitamins K and C, but also B6 and folate. And beets high in folate and manganese. A good combination for the winter.
It is also quite filling. So a good choice if you are trying to get some fiber in.
- Half of medium size white cabbage head
- 1 raw red beet
- Half of onion
- Small bunch of dill
- Small bunch of parsley
- Salt to taste
- Mayo to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Remove stem part from the cabbage and shred it (I used mandeline on thinnest setting, second to thinnest will work as well, but you can also do a decent job slicing by hand with a knife), put cabbage to a bowl:
- Salt to taste, mix a bit and squeeze it with hands, to soften it up and get some juice out:
- Peel the beet, and grate it on the big slots of the box grater:
- Peel onion and slice it in quarter circles or smaller:
- Add chopped dill and parsley:
- Dress with mayo (or olive oil) to taste:
- And serve: