This is easy and refreshing tasting salad of few ingredients: all you need is fresh broccoli crown, few tomatoes, onion and some greens.
It is important to use broccoli crown as it is normally more soft and less chewy than more mature pieces.
Raw broccoli and tomato salad pairs well with meat or poultry courses.
- Small broccoli crown
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 1 small shallot onion (or another red onion to taste)
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mayo to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Dice tomatoes (each in 12 pieces or so), move them to a mixing bowl:
- Separate broccoli crown into florets, slice bigger florets into smaller pieces, you can also slice softer part of stem, discard the hard one however:
- Peel shallot, slice it into thin half circles:
- Add chopped dill:
- And chopped parsley:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Add mayo to taste: escortnavi.com
- Then mix everything:
- And serve: