This dip is one of my US discoveries, along with celery stalks which I never tried before I came here.
These two I can eat together endlessly, as an appetizer, a side or just a snack. It just made a lot of sense to learn to mix the dip from scratch myself.
Blue cheese dip goes great with fresh vegetables (e.g. celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower), spicy chicken wings or as a fresh salad dressing (I would suggest to put a bit more kefir to the mix in this case).
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cups of mayo
- 1/2 cup of kefir (optional)
- 5 oz of blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Pour sour cream to a mixing bowl:
- Add mayo:
- Ground black pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder and salt:
- Pour in Worcestershire sauce:
- And vinegar:
- Add blue cheese:
- Mix, add kefir if you want to make dip less thick (this is optional, but advisable, especially if sour cream you use is thick):
- And serve with fresh vegetables, spicy chicken wings or fresh salad as dressing: