There is no easiest way to cook potato than boiling. You get tasty and nutritious dish fast and with literally no hassle: just clean it, put to the cooking pot, bring to boil and wait.
Young potato boiled skin on tastes especially good when dressed with several spoons of sour cream, seasoned with chopped dill and minced garlic.
If you don’t have young small potatoes, use red skin ones, or any others. Clean potatoes before boiling, for young potatoes washing will be enough, old potato may need to be peeled.
- 2lb of potatoes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of sour cream
- Fresh dill
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: young potato works the best for this recipe, you don’t really skin it, just clean good enough. I didn’t have young potatoes, but small red skin potatoes worked as good, especially boiled skins on. But if you don’t have either – you can use any potatoes you got, just clean and skin them before boiling:
- So, clean potatoes (even if you boil them skin on remove sprouts and wash potatoes thoroughly). If potatoes are big slice them into smaller pieces, put them to the cooking pot, fill it with cold water and put on the burner:
- Bring cooking pot to boil, salt to taste and boil potatoes until they get soft enough so you can easily pierce them with a knife. Then remove cooking pot from the burner and pour all water out using a lid over the pot (don’t forget mitts, pot is hot!):
- Add sour cream to the cooking pot:
- Peel garlic and mince it to the pot:
- Rinse and chop dill, add it to the cooking pot:
- Carefully mix everything:
- Serve warm as a side or no-meat main course: