Zucchini itself is low in calories and contains useful amounts of folate, potassium, manganese and vitamin A. Garlic is also very health-giving ingredient. And they both are combined in this fast to do and easy to do recipe.
Fried Zucchini with Garlic is very good on its own as a snack or an appetizer, however it is also perfect for poultry and meat entrees as a side dish.
Reduce amount of garlic if you are worried about a breath, but I really advice to keep garlic in, this dish isn’t so tasty without it. Fresh garlic can be replaced with garlic powder if needed.
- 2 zucchinis
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Ground oregano
- Olive oil
How to make, step-by-step:
- Wash zucchinis in cold water, skin garlic:
- Slice zucchinis into pieces about 1/2 of the inch thick:
- Warm up a frying pan over moderate heat with 1-2 tbs of olive oil. Fry each piece of zucchini from each side till the moment it gets soft when you pierce it with a fork. If you see zucchini circles are getting too dark while are not so soft yet, reduce heat a bit:
- Take a bowl or a plate, put a portion of the zucchini circles which are soft already on it, season them with salt and ground oregano:
Slice clove of the garlic like it is show on the picture:
Then slice part of it like this over the bowl with fried pieces of zucchini:
- You will get a layer of fried zucchinis seasoned with oregano, salt and garlic, just like the following:
- Now you just need to repeat steps from #3 to #6 for all zucchini circles you have:
- Fried Zucchini with Garlic can be served as a side dish, snack or an appetizer. Make sure you serve zucchini together with seasoning: