It is perfect choice before fried potatoes especially for those whose digestive system needs a bit of support.
- 3-4 medium size potatoes (1 potato for 1 serving), I usually take yukon gold potatoes, but any other type will work just fine
- 1/3 cups of milk, any kind you like
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step instructions:
- Wash, skin and dice potatoes and put them to the cooking pot filed with cold water. Put the pot on the burner on moderate heat.
- Once water starts boiling, salt it and put a lid on. You may need to decrease heat if water bubbles too much. Let potatoes to boil till they become soft. You can check softness by piercing it with a knife or fork, if it goes through easy – your potatoes are ready. Turn the burner off, remove liquid from the pot with a help of lid.
- Add butter to the pot. Use masher on potatoes till you get homogeneous puree.
- Warm up milk. You can use microwave for it. Add a bit of warmed up milk to the pot with mashed potatoes and continue mashing them. Continue adding milk and mashing till your puree gets a consistence you like.
- Potatoes puree is ready!