Homemade egg yolk noodles are not so hard to do as it may seem. Lapsha (in russian cuisine) or klusky (in ukrainian cuisine) are as easy to do as simple egg and flour dough.
It is also a good way to use leftover yolks if you needed egg whites for some other dish.
Boiled homemade egg noodles can be served as a side dish or added to meat or chicken broth or soup.
- 1 egg (you will need only yolk)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- About cup of flour
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: separate egg yolk from egg white, you will not need egg white for this recipe:
- Let’s start from the dough, for that dissolve salt in the water:
- Add egg yolk:
- And mix:
- Pour flour into deep bowl, make a small groove in the middle and pour egg and water mix into it (it would be nice if space is enough to fit it all):
- Using a fork carefully mix flour and egg mix together into soft dough:
- Dust wooden board with flour generously, pour dough from the bowl and knead with your hands until stift and elastic (dust more with flour if needed):
- Cover kneaded dough with plastic wrap and leave aside for about 20 mins:
- Now it is time to make noodles. It maybe easier to roll dough If you split it into several parts. So, take a part of dough, knead it several times (don’t forget to cover rest of dough with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying), arrange it in the middle of working area and start rolling using rolling pin from the center to the sides: Continue rolling: And more: At the end you should get very thin dough sheet (it should be so thin that it is possible to see thought it):
- Let dough sheet dry for a bit. If you want to get short noodles slice dough sheet in half (or more) lengthwise (I did continue with whole sheet). Then fold bottom part into 2: And then fold top part as well:
- Slice dough roll using knife into stripes:
- Repeat steps from 9 to 11 for the rest of the dough:
- Lay shallow baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper, warm oven up to 250-300F. Spread noodles evenly and put to the oven to dry (for about 20-30 mins, or more if needed):
- Once noodles are dry, take baking pan out, noodles are ready:
- Add them to your choice of soup or boil for 3-5 mins and serve as a side dish: