Strawberry Cream DessertJuly 24th, 2010 in Desserts by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 3h
Even though here I can buy strawberries almost any time of year, they are especially tasteful at summer. So yes, it is a strawberry time!
So if you looking for a nice recipe for strawberries – here it is: sweet whipped cream with puree of fresh sweet tasty strawberries and a bit of jelly. Easy to prepare, and even easier to eat 🙂
Of course, whipped cream is a bit heavy for the figure especially if it is mixed with sugar, but it is also totally delicious – so I allow myself to enjoy it every once in a while. But if you are trying to follow low calories / low fat diet this recipe is probably not for you.
- 10 oz of strawberries
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of sugar (or less if strawberries are sweet)
- 2 tbsp of unflavored gelatin (¼ oz)
- 2/3 cups of cold boiled water
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: if strawberries are sweet or if you don’t like too sweet desserts – reduce amount of sugar:
- Pour 2/3 cups of cold boiled water into small cooking pot, add all gelatin and set aside for about 1 hour:
- After one hour, put cooking pot on the burner, over moderate low heat and bring it to slow simmer (stir occasionally), before it starts boiling remove cooking pot from the burner and turn heat off. You will need to cool this liquid till room temperature before adding to the rest of ingredients:
- Clean and hull strawberries:
- Puree them in blender, food processor or puree sieve (I’ve used blender):
- Pour heavy cream into deep bowl and add sugar:
- For whipping cream I prefer to use hand mixer: it is much easier to control the process and to stop before I get butter instead of fluffy cream. So, start whipping sugar and heavy cream together with a wire attachment:
- It will go smoother if you chill bowl and wire attachement in freezer before using, heavy cream should be cold from fridge as well, make sure you don’t over whip cream or you will get butter:
- Add strawberry puree sieved from seeds to whipping cream; even if you use very fine sieve some seed particles will be testable in dessert, but you can reduce amount of those by squeezing strawberry puree through several layers of cheese cloth (I didn’t have it, so it isn’t on the pictures):
- Carefully mix strawberry puree and whipping cream (by the way, I just love how this photo looks):
- Add cooled down till room temperature gelatin and water mixture you’ve prepared earlier, carefully mix it in with a whisk, you need to make sure gelatin doesn’t stay all at the bottom:
- Once mixed well, pour dessert to portion bowls, with this amount of ingredients and this size of the bowls I got 6 portions of dessert:
- Put bowls with dessert to fridge for 2-3 hours, then it is ready to be served:
Thank you very much.
I just saved your site link in my favorites, so I will be visiting you on regular basis. Love your recipes.
Yum….this sounds wonderful.
My sister-in-law gave me a recipe for strawberry dessert, similar to yours, but with cream cheese and crushed pineapple. Really refreshing for a summer dessert.
I have it on my blog as well.
Nice site you have, checking it out right now, thanks for the link 🙂
I love how this recipe looks. It seems so tasty. thank you for all these delicious recipes and the great way you explain them. I started making them. Prepared cauliflower pancakes for two days in a row. Delicious.
I love cauliflower pancakes myself, they are soo easy to do 🙂 If you want to try something similar take a look at these: https://www.enjoyyourcooking.com/main-dish-recipes/deruny-potato-pancakes.html
Potatoes are a bit harder to grate that cauliflower but result is totally worth it 🙂