If you saw frozen snow crab legs in store and wanted to try them, but wasn’t sure how to cook them – this recipe is for you.
It is easy and fast idea for lunch or dinner, assuming the crab legs are sold pre-cooked (have somewhat orange-red color) and only need to be warmed up and seasoned with some spaces to taste.
You can cook raw crab legs like this also, it may require a bit more time for cooking.
Pairs well with warm Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce.
- 2lb of frozen snow crab legs
- 3 tablespoons of old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 10-15 whole black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Water to fill the pot
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: I used snow crab frozen clusters for this recipe, but any other kind of crab can be cooked like this, king crab may need to be cooked a bit longer:
- Fill cooking pot big enough to fit crab legs with water, bring to boil and add salt to taste:
- Add bay leaves, whole black peppercorns, old bay seasoning and garlic powder, adjust heat for light simmering and let it all cook for 2-3 mins together:
- Put clusters of crab legs in and let them simmer for about 8 mins:
- Remove crab legs from water, shake them a little to remove water they were cooking in and serve while hot with some lemon garlic butter sauce for dipping: