One of these “whatever you have in the fridge” recipes here: in this case it calls for cauliflower, tomatoes, eggs and some greens.
I love cauliflower, fried cauliflower the most, and combination of cauliflower with eggs is one of my favorites.
Cooking cauliflower on skillet will take some time, use a lid to speed things up. I would advise against boiling or steaming cauliflower for this recipe as it will become too watery and will lose the crunch.
- 3-4 cauliflower florets
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- Fresh greens (dill or/and parsley)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Warm up skillet with olive oil, slice cauliflower florets into smaller pieces and fry them over medium low heat until desired softness, stir from time to time (cover skillet with a lid to make sure cauliflower cooks quicker):
- When cauliflower is ready, slice tomato and cook veggies together for a minute or two:
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, cream, salt and pepper:
- Pour eggs mixture over veggies in skillet:
- Season with chopped greens (dill or parsley or a combination of both):
- And cook until eggs are ready (either under the lid, or flip eggs to another side to cook evenly like I did):
- Serve as soon as eggs are cooked: