Meat stewed with mushrooms and vegetables in beer. It works good for dinner, left overs can be reheated for lunch. Boiled potato side dishes will go good with such meat.
I used beef for this recipe, but it will work good with either pork or beef. Tomato paste or canned tomatoes can be used instead of fresh tomatoes.
Amount of beer to use for this recipe will depend on the size of the pot you use, it should be enough to cover meat completely while cooking.
- 2lb-2.5lb of meat, beef or pork
- 3-4 roma tomatoes
- 1lb of mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1-2 bottles of beer
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Clean meat and dice it into pieces between 1.5 and 2 inch of size, put into oven safe pot:
- Slice tomatoes, and add them to the pot:
- Pour beer enough to cover meat completely, cover pot with a lid and put to oven heated up to 350F, for 1.5h:
- While meat is cooking, warm up skillet with a bit of oil in it over moderate heat. Peel onion, slice it in quarter circles, add to the skillet and fry until transparent, stir from time to time:
- Peel and slice mushrooms, add them to the skillet, fry mushrooms together with onions until mushrooms produce juices and then until these juices evaporate, don’t forget to stir:
- Then clean bell pepper, slice it in stripes and add to the skillet, fry it all together for 2 mins more, then turn the heat off:
- When 1.5h of meat cooking passed, remove the pot from the oven, add mushroom and vegetable mix in it:
Season with salt, coriander and ground black pepper to taste:
- Cover pot with a lid and put pot to the oven for 30 mins more, after that meat is ready to be served: