Herb or herbed butter is not only a good way to dress plain butter for further use, but also a good way to preserve fresh dill if you have too much on your hands and no other use for it.
For some reasons stores here choose to sell dill in such big bunches that it is sometimes too hard to put it all to use before dill spoils. By the way, you can mix other fresh herbs to prepare herb butter.
Herb butter is essential ingredient of Chicken Kiev recipe (which goes out next week), but it can be also used on steaks, fish, potato or other vegetables.
- 8oz of butter of your choice at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove
- Bunch of fresh dill
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse and pat dill dry with paper towel:
- Put butter to a mixing bowl and mash it with a fork or so:
- Chop dill and add it to the bowl:
- Peel garlic, press it to the bowl:
- And mix everything good:
- Arrange 2-3 layers of food wrap on table, arrange herb butter in the middle of it into even (more or less) bar:
- Fold the wrap to cover butter completely and put butter to freezer for at least 10 mins (or more):
- Then butter is ready, use it for steak or poultry or fish, or even to garnish boiled potatoes: