Omelette with Sour Cream and CheeseDecember 25th, 2010 in Eggs, Main Dishes, No-meat by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 25min
Easy to do breakfast for two (or more, if needed) – omelette with sour cream seasoned with shredded cheese, chopped dill and green onions.
This omelette is good as it is, as well it can be used as a base for various stuffing.
This recipe doesn’t require flour (is gluten free); amounts of sour cream, cheese and greens can be varied to taste.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese
- A stem of fresh green onion
- Several leaves of fresh dill
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: these amount are good to cook a breakfast for 2 persons, if you need more or less, just adjust amounts. If you choose to cook more you may need to use several pans:
- Crack eggs into bowl, add sour cream and season with salt to taste:
- Beat eggs and sour cream until well incorporated:
- Clean and chop green onion and dill, add to the bowl and mix:
- Warm up owen till 350F. Grease pan with butter (either melt butter and grease, or warm up pan a bit so butter can be smeared easily), pour egg mixture to the pan:
- Season with shredded cheese:
- And put to the warmed up oven for about 15-20 mins (or until ready):
- Divide in two pieces and serve warm, plain or with some stuffing:
Isn’t it better to use creme freche instead of sour cream? I thought sour cream was better for cold dishes.
I use sour cream for many dishes, cold and hot, it is a part of UA traditional cuisine.
Me too! It is such an inspiring to cook website. So practical recipes and really tasty, homemade and nutritious. I always have an idea of what am I going to cook after I see your recipes, so thank you so much from me as well and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Thank you! Happy Holidays to you too!
Looking at it hungry and drooling, just wanted you to know ;)))))
it really does.. i check it regularly too.. that for this 🙂
Hi, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy checking your website each week to see the new recipe you put up. Thank you for you hard work, I have learned a lot, keep the recipes coming!
Thank you, I am glad my site helps 🙂